This past Saturday, I attended a "style session" with Clinton Kelly -- co-host of What Not to Wear -- at Macy's. I used to be a fan of What Not to Wear back in the day, but I didn't expect Clinton Kelly to be so hilarious -- and actually informative.
Key takeaways from Saturday:
- A proper bra will hold your boobs between your shoulder and elbow.
- Colored suits are coming back. (Sorry, what?)
- If you remember the 80s, don't do the 80s trend.
- If your belly button is at the smallest point of your body, tuck your shirt into your pencil skirt. If it's not, don't tuck it in.
- The more stretch there is in a fabric, the more work your body has to do.
- A blouse just means that boobs were considered in the making of the shirt.
- Pattern mixing: stay in the same color family, so it looks like you did it on purpose.
I'm really glad he did a speech on pattern mixing, since I'm obsessed with the pants above (and below), and I would like to pattern mix them without looking like a crazy person. I guess we'll see if I can pull that off.